The Palmwood Church Scholarship
SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM FOR EMPLOYEES OF OVIEDO MALL (July 2017)
The Palmwood Church family, in an effort to expand our service to our Oviedo Mall family, has established an annual scholarship to assist students who are employees of the mall. Our congregation (which meets in the Regal Cinemas) loves the Oviedo Mall family and also holds continuing education in high regard. We are excited to offer this special opportunity. The inaugural scholarship will be awarded on September 30, 2017 so that it can be used for either the Fall 2017 or Winter 2018 semester.
One scholarship will be awarded in 2017 in the amount of $500. This scholarship will be paid by Palmwood Church directly to the school, college or university at which the winning mall employee is currently enrolled for classes.
- All entrants must be current employees (full or part time) of the Oviedo Mall or one of its stores or restaurants.
- All entrants must fulfill all of the obligations listed in the How To Apply section below. The submitted essay must be the entrants’ own original work.
- Scholarship essay/application packages must be submitted by 11:59pm on September 15, 2017.
- The winning recipient must use the funds for their own education, submitted to the school at which they are currently enrolled for classes.
- The winning recipient will be selected by a panel designated by the Palmwood Church leadership team. All decisions are final.
- The winning recipient will be notified by email and will be published on Palmwood Church’s website and social media streams.
How To Apply
Entrants will apply for the scholarship by submitting both a brief cover letter containing their name, address, telephone number and email address (for contact purposes) along with an essay for 250-500 words. Because one of Palmwood Church’s primary expressions is serving by “Loving People with Humility,” the essay will respond to the question: How will your education prepare you to serve and invest in your local community?
Essays should be written with a readable 12-point font, double spaced, and may be submitted as a Microsoft Word document, an Apple Pages document or a PDF document. While not a “deal-breaker,” good spelling and grammar are expected. Essays will be judged on the author’s thoughtful treatment of the essay question, viability of carrying out the response, and the potential positive impact on both the local community and the recipient herself/himself.
Essays must be submitted by email with their cover letters no later than 11:59pm on September 15, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about this scholarship opportunity, or about Palmwood Church generally, please contact Pastor John Kimball at the church office at (321) 348-0020.